This was an interesting little monastery we visited just because we saw a sign for It on the side of the road. They were doing some major renovations so it should be even more beautiful in the near future.
Nobody knows exactly when it was founded reports vary from 1576 to 1676. It was a place where many Cossaks came to live out the later years of their lives in peace and quiet. It has gone through many battles and plagues over the centuries. After the rise of Communism it was used as a place for those wounded in the Civil wars. After WW2 it became a nursing home then was converted into a home for disabled children before becoming a monastery again in 1993.