Two amazing churches in Chervonograd that are just across the street from each other.
The Yellow church is Catholic and built in 1775. It was a monastery for a long time. Eventually being closed during the Soviet Union and the building used to house the police then a school and post office and finally in the 1980’s a museum of Atheism was here. After the fall of the Soviet Union it was returned to a church.
The Blue domed church is Orthadox. It was built in the late 1600’s. It was almost untouched by the wars of the 20th century but was closed in 1946 with the arrival of the Soviet Union. Chervonograd was church less until this church was reopened in 1988 to celebrate 1000 years of Kieven Rus history.