A very interesting find that we didn’t know what here. We were passing through and noticed an old wall and then a large monument.
Once we stopped we saw the castle walls and the Church inside
Built in 1606 this church worked up until 1933 when it was taken over by Soviet authorities and made into horse stables for a collective farm. During WW2 it was the perfect place to establish a labor camp due to the high walls surrounding the church nobody could escape.
Turned into a church again with the fall of the Soviet Union it is now conducting services regularly.