We originally thought this was just a watch tower for the castle that’s near by. It wasn’t until we were told that it is the bell tower for a monastery that used to exist here that we knew what it was.
Built in 1613 the monastery functioned until the early 1800’s. Then it was abandoned. It was further damaged badly during the fighting in WW2. Now it is in ruins while a new chuch is being built in its shadow.