The history of this castle goes back to the 1500’s. Originally build of wood it was attacked and burned down by invading Tartars.
The castle was rebuilt this time from stone. Then in 1765 the castle and surrounding land was purchased by the Potocki Family. Then the church was added to the castle and in 1846 a convent was started here.
Of course during soviet times it served a few purposes the church closed and everything turned into a medical hospital. Now the church is open again and but the rest of the castle is still occupied by a mental hospital. We were not able to go into the church but a very nice nurse told us about the castle and what is going on now.