An interesting find in Transcarpathia. A palace built as a fortress….
Started in 1711 but not finished until 1798 by Count Teleki from Transylvania. This was to be his summer house. But Count Teleki died in 1714 so the estate went to his, then 4 year old, nephew. The main residence was finished first followed by surrounding it with a wall with loop holes to fire weapons from. The palace stayed in the Teleki family until 1928.
It is currently home to a tuberculosis hospital. We were able to walk around in the courtyard but couldn’t go inside any of the buildings.